School Solar Enabling Fund
What is the School Solar Enabling Fund?
The School Solar Enabling Fund is a £150,000 investment scheme providing capital grants to schools and education providers within the North East and Yorkshire Net Zero Hub’s geography to fund a viability gap preventing the delivery of solar energy projects.
Grants of between £5,000 and £10,000 are available to eligible schools and learning providers. These funds have been provided by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) to deliver enabling works and meet viability funding gaps to leverage investment for school’s solar projects across the North East and Yorkshire region. The School Solar Enabling Fund will be live from August 2022 until March 2023, with all funding to be committed by successful applicants, and all projects delivered, by March 2023.
Applicants will be required to provide a statement of UK Subsidy Control compliance.
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
- Local Authority Schools
- Education Trusts
- FE and HE Colleges
- Other learning providers subject to business case and UK Subsidy Control.
Please note the following:
All applicants must provide a technical report from an appropriately qualified assessor or assessment tool supporting their application. This report must include:
- A supported recommendation to install solar PV, including quantity, specification
- Scope of works required, including any ancillary works required
- Cost estimates
If possible, it should also contain:
- Expected CO2 savings following installation of solar panels
- Expected Financial savings following installation of solar panels
Eligible project costs encompass:
- Ancillary building works (Roof works or groundworks that are recommended within a supporting report to allow solar panels to be installed)
- Funding to plug an identified and evidenced viability gap to allow a financial case to be approved.
How to apply
The School Solar Enabling Fund will be open for applications from 22nd August 2022 until 30th September 2022.
Please ensure that you read School Solar Enabling Fund Guidance Document in its entirety before you complete your application form.
Please contact enquiries@NEYnetzerohub.com if you have any questions.