- This event has passed.
NEY Net Zero Hub: Local Energy Advice Pilots – Pre-Launch Webinar
February 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Funding is available for organisations to trial innovative approaches to providing in-person energy advice to homeowners and PRS landlords.
The NEY Net Zero Hub is working with the four other Net Zero Hubs and The Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) to fund a ‘test and learn’ programme of pilot projects which will trial different types of in-person advice provision and explore their effectiveness. The expectation is that this will enable a better understanding of the advice requirements of different consumer groups and across different housing archetypes.
Projects will need to:
- Trial new approaches to providing market-led, in-person advice at a local level.
- Provide qualified, end-to-end support for consumers from an initial enquiry to the installation of retrofit measures in a home.
- Provide specific support and education for hard-to-treat properties, and/or for more vulnerable homeowners and residents.
- Create insights that could be replicated by others.
- Be complete by 31st March 2025
- Explore options for becoming self-funding by the end of the grant-funded period
- Be delivered by an organisation that is a legal entity such as Local Authorities; Community Interest Companies; Co-operatives; Community Benefit Societies; Local Community Groups in partnership with a Local Authority; Registered Social Landlords; Charitable Incorporated Organisations; Development Trusts; Registered societies (pre 2014 IPS); Parish Councils; Faith Groups.
Up to £2 million can be requested for two-year projects running across FY 2023/24 and 2024/25. Match funding is not required but welcomed.
Join the North East and Yorkshire Net Zero Hub to find out more about the programme including how to apply for funding.